Services of licensed tax advisors
Article 4, paragraph 2 of the Act on Tax Advisory prescribes the obligation of concluding a Contract on Tax Advisory Services in writing which shall contain all essential elements of contractual and legal relations (scope, fee, payment, liability, terms).
The services of tax advisory that we offer and for which there is a prescribed legal authority include in particular:
- providing advice on tax issues – (permanent business cooperation, continuous monitoring of clients)
- tax due diligence
- filing tax returns on behalf of taxpayers
- representing taxpayers
Providing advice on tax issues – (permanent business cooperation, continuous monitoring of clients) includes:
- providing advice on all tax issues, prompt consultation by phone, via Internet, directly at client’s business premises or tax advisor’s business premises)
- analyzing individual tax problems and tax planning
- coming up with tax solutions to enable the optimization of tax liabilities
- monitoring of adherence to tax regulations and their amendments
- assisting in tax procedures before tax authorities (opinions, responses to inquiries, consultation)
- assisting in drafting tax returns and other tax documents (opinions, responses to inquiries, consultation)
Other consulting services from the field of:
- public finances
- business finances
- accounting standards
- financial reporting
- financial analyses
A brief tax inspection of business and business tax transactions primarily consists of the following:
a) checking for and identifying possible tax risks and risks with other public charges. The checks include checking the timeliness and accuracy in calculating and paying taxes and other public charges by reviewing tax documents, particularly for:
- Income tax – inspection and review of documents and tax returns, verifying taxation procedures and elements (starting value, visible temporary differences, temporary differences hidden through depreciation, permanent differences, tax credits and incentives, tax liability), advance payments.
- Withheld income tax – verifying the calculation and payment of fees to non-residents which are paid to foreign legal entities on the basis of intellectual property rights (the right to reproduce, patents, licenses and other similar rights), interest and service fees (consulting services, auditing services)
- Personal income tax for income from employment and mandatory withholdings and contributions – inspection of the calculations of mandatory contributions, personal income tax and surtax in the calculation and payment of salaries (salaries in money, salaries in kind), payment of non-taxable income (fees, grants, awards, severance payments, scholarships).
- Tax on other income and mandatory withholdings and contributions – inspection of the calculations of mandatory withholdings and contributions, personal income tax and surtax in the calculation and payment of considerations to supervisory board members and committee members, royalties and fees for agents, translators, consultants, experts, prescribed records and reports.
- Value added tax – inspection and review of documents – tax documents, tax records and tax returns, verifying the application of tax exemptions, taxation procedure and payment of taxes.
- Real estate transfer tax, special and other taxes – determining the tax base, tax return and tax payment.
- Transactions arising from relations with connected parties – inspection of fee calculations for connected parties and review of the related tax documents.
b) Quantification and analyses of the effects of potential anomalies (errors) in the calculation and payment of taxes and determining the influence of these effects on the objectivity of financial reports of the company;
c) Compilation and submission of the Report of the licensed tax advisor on the results of tax inspections of business with a recommendation.
Filing of tax returns on behalf of taxpayers and tax inspection of taxpayers include:
- compilation, filling in and submission of tax returns and other tax documents on behalf of the taxpayer
- control of the regularity of keeping tax and accounting records which are kept for the purpose of tax returns and other tax documents
Representing taxpayers includes:
- representation in tax procedures before tax authorities,
- taking action in tax procedures on behalf of the taxpayer and
- participation in tax disputes before the courts.